We are close to suspects in Toor torture case, says Sh Rashid
ISLAMABAD: Federal Minister for Interior Sheikh Rashid Ahmed said Tuesday that efforts were underway to trace those suspects responsible for thrashing journalist Asad Ali Toor in Islamabad the other day.
Addressing a press conference, the minister said that authorities were close to discover one of the suspects responsible for allegedly torturing journalist Asad Ali Toor. A video footage has been obtained and the one of the suspects had been followed in sector F-11 and also on IJ Principal Road.
He said that the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) and Islamabad police were escorting a probe into the incident, while Nadra is also assisting them in investigation process. The minister said that Nadra is working to identify finger prints of suspects and the result would come a day or two; however, ads would be published in the newspapers if authorities were unsuccessful in tracing the suspects.
Sheikh Rashid said the receptionist at apartments, in his statement, said that he did not stop the suspects because they had visited in the past. He said that it was necessary to arrest the perpetrators of this act as some individuals are unnecessarily targeting the country’s security agencies to please their foreign rulers.
After arrest of the culprits, he said that all those who blame our agencies will be silenced. He said the baseless allegations and smear campaign against the intelligence agencies are damaging the country’s image. To a question, he agreed to a policy in this regard as such incidents raise question marks about the government’s performance and also become a human rights issue.
Responding to another question regarding issue of journalist Hamid Mir, the minister said, “I have not interacted with him in the past few years, nor have I ever been on his programme.”
The minister termed his visit to Kuwait as successful and said that Kuwait has restored visas for businessmen, doctors, families and petroleum sector after 11 years, while 425 doctors would leave during the ongoing week for Kuwait. Kuwaiti prime minister has also expressed eagerness to issue visas for construction sector, he said, adding that Pakistan would get share of 30 percent out of three million Saudi visas. He said that foreign remittances have played vital role in four percent growth.
The minister said there had been 52 Pakistanis facing imprisonment in Kuwait and six of them wanted to return.
Regarding the progress of Cyber Crime Wing, the minister said that 9.4 million reports were received during last year and 36,000 reports during his tenure. He said that inquiries had been completed on 5,355 reports, while 399 cases were lodged. He said the government was equipping the cyber wing with modern gadgets, while Nadra would be also strengthened.
To a question, he said that plot scheme is only for the journalists and media-men of federal capital.
The minister said that vaccine issue with Saudi government is in the notice of Prime Minister Imran Khan and it would be resolved soon.
Interior minister also criticised the opposition parties and said that Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM) has lost its momentum. The minister said that he had already predicted that Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PMLN) will be divided.
-
Chinese New Year Explained: All You Need To Know About The Year Of The Horse -
Canadian Passport Holders Can Now Travel To China Visa-free: Here's How -
Glen Powell Reveals Wild Prank That Left Sister Hunting Jail Cells -
Edmonton Weather Warning: Up To 30 Cm Of Snow Possible In Parts Of Alberta -
'A Knight Of The Seven Kingdoms' Episode 5: What Time It Airs And Where To Stream -
Amy Schumer Drops Cryptic Message On First Valentine Amid Divorce -
Savannah Guthrie Sends Desperate Plea To Mom Nancy Kidnapper -
NBA All-Star 2026 Shake-up: Inside The New USA Vs World Tournament Format -
Warner Bros Consider Reopening Deal Talks With Paramount, Says Reports -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Faces Future With UK MPs, Says Expert -
Eva Mendes Shared Bedroom Photos For Ryan Gosling On Valentine’s -
Shamed Andrew Told 'nobody Is Above The Law' Amid Harrowing Silence -
Gisele Bundchen Melts Hearts With Sweet Bike Ride Glimpse Featuring Son -
Prince William Found Meghan Markle ‘quite Refreshing’ At Start -
Kate Middleton Knew Should Could Not Be ‘voice Of Reason’ With Prince Harry -
Rihanna Has Wardrobe Malfunction At A$AP Rocky Fashion Show