OGRA allows SNGPL to offer 120,000 new gas connections
ISLAMABAD: The Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (OGRA) has in principle allowed Sui Northern Gas Company Limited (SNGPL) to give 120,000 new gas connections to domestic consumers in outgoing fiscal year, a statement said on Friday.
However, it would be subject to actualisation at Final Revenue Requirement (FRR) of this year of SNGPL, the regulator said it in its statement.
“Keeping in view the directions of the members of standing committee [on Energy Petroleum Division] and under the power conferred under Section 6(2)(O), and (y) of OGRA Ordinance, 2002 and as provided vide Rule 2(d) “Motion” of Natural Gas Tariff Rules 2002, the instant matter is treated as a Motion and the Authority decided to allow in principle 120,000 domestic connections for FY2019/20, subject to actualization at Final Revenue Requirement of the said year,” OGRA said.
It further said that as regarded to establishment of the Regional office at Karak, “the authority observes that criteria of establishing region/sub-region has not been finalised by the authority in the absence of credible data, which is yet to be provided by the Sui companies”.
Hence, keeping in view the necessity of attending/facilitating consumers under existing stage of development of network at Karak, the authority advised the SNGPL to re-enforce its consumers Service Center at Karak and delegate adequate powers to the same to facilitate the public.
The authority also said it would review the found realities later for setting up a Region at Karak. Furthermore, same directions apply to Jehangira and Pabbi consumer office, the OGRA in its order said.
Last month National Assembly’s Standing Committee on Energy (Petroleum Division)
had recommended OGRA to grant SNGPL permission for issuing 125,000 additional connections during the current fiscal year.
The committee meeting, chaired by Imran Khattak, in its recommendations asked the OGRA to allow the company for giving additional connections without Unaccounted For Gas (UFG) allowances, besides permitting opening/upgrading SNGPL offices at Karak, Bannu, Hangu and Jehangira to ensure better services there.
The SNGPL, which had been given a quota of 300,000 connections for the year 2019-20, had sought the authority’s permission for additional connections with the request of relaxation on account of UFG losses ratio as the extended transmission network risked more losses.
-
Savannah Guthrie Sends Desperate Plea To Mom Nancy Kidnapper -
NBA All-Star 2026 Shake-up: Inside The New USA Vs World Tournament Format -
Warner Bros Consider Reopening Deal Talks With Paramount, Says Reports -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Faces Future With UK MPs, Says Expert -
Shamed Andrew Told 'nobody Is Above The Law' Amid Harrowing Silence -
Gisele Bundchen Melts Hearts With Sweet Bike Ride Glimpse Featuring Son -
Prince William Found Meghan Markle ‘quite Refreshing’ At Start -
Kate Middleton Knew Should Could Not Be ‘voice Of Reason’ With Prince Harry -
Rihanna Has Wardrobe Malfunction At A$AP Rocky Fashion Show -
Prince Harry Felt System Had ‘one Rule For Him, One For Prince William’ -
Jake Paul's Fiancée Sends Him Over The Moon Over Stunning Victory -
Harper Beckham Sends Valentine’s Love Amid Brooklyn Family Drama -
Why Prince William, Kate Middleton 'partnership' Is Important For Monarchy -
Katie Price Drama Escalates As Family Stays In Touch With Ex JJ Slater -
Critics Target Palace Narrative After Andrew's Controversy Refuses To Die -
Sarah Ferguson’s Delusions Take A Turn For The Worse: ‘She’s Been Deserted’