Service providers demand release of Rs800 million outstanding dues
By Syed Kosar Naqvi
ABBOTTABAD: As many as 52 service providers of Waseela-e-Rozgar scheme under the Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP) have been running from pillar to post to get their outstanding dues that haven’t been paid to them for five years. The management of the programme has allegedly shown reluctance to meet the representatives of their own partners.
Talking to reporters on Sunday, the service providers of BISP said the Waseela-e-Rozgar programme launched in September 2011 was aimed at imparting vocational training to 70,000 beneficiaries. They said so far 57,817 beneficiaries had been trained under the programme.
The overall estimated financial liability against the Waseela-e-Rozgar programme stands at Rs808 million which hasn’t been paid since the closure of the programme after the end of the PPP rule. The service providers said the payment process that was supposed to start once the NAB cleared the allegations about embezzlement. The NAB in its letter dated September 2, 2016 stated that no investigation had been pending against Waseela-e-Rozgar scheme.
PTI leader says that meeting strongly barred party people from going to media
Govt spox clarifies that participants of BNP’s long march will not be allowed to enter Quetta’s Red Zone
Court ordered the accused to be presented before court again on April 9
Maulana Fazlur Rehman underscores importance of collective efforts in addressing country’s challenges
Rescue 1122 team and locals rushed to spot and brought fire under control, recovering bodies of children
Workers were seen installing signboard of Imran Khan Cricket Stadium