SC takes suo moto notice over political influence in Sindh Police
KARACHI: The Supreme Court on Thursday took suo moto notice over political influence and interference in the Sindh police and issued notices to the chief secretary, the IG of Sindh and some others to explain the position regarding the withdrawal of transfer orders of SSP South who was removed following the kidnapping incident in the Clifton area of Owais Ali Shah, the son of the Chief Justice of the Sindh High Court.
The notice was taken on news reports published in The News and Jang with regard to political interference and influence in Sindh police. The report had stated that the SSP South, Karachi, who was transferred following the kidnapping of the son of the Chief Justice of Sindh High Court, had been restored to the same position following some extreme pressure.
The report had further mentioned that an influential businessman of Karachi, known for his close association with the top PPP leadership, brought all kind of pressure on Karachi police, including the IGP, to appoint the restored SSP South as SSP East.
According to the report, the influential businessman, also known as a front man, wanted the restored SSP South Dr Mohammad Farooq Ahmad posted as SSP East whereas he proposed the name of Nasir Aftab as new SSP South Karachi.
The report stated that SSP South Dr Mohammad Farooq Ahmad was transferred on June 22 on the instructions of Chief Minister Syed Qaim Ali Shah after the kidnapping of the son of the SHC chief justice.
Besides the SSP South Dr Farooq, his SP Clifton, Amjad Hayat, had also been transferred and made an OSD for the same reasons. However, only two days later both the chief minister and the IGP had been made to take their orders back regarding the SSP South Dr Mohammad Farooq Ahmad. In the case of the SP of Clifton, the original order had not been withdrawn, the report had said.
The matter will be taken up before a three-member bench of the Supreme Court to be headed by Chief Justice Anwar Zaheer Jamali along with the Karachi law and order suo moto implementation proceedings case on July 4.
-
Savannah Guthrie Sends Desperate Plea To Mom Nancy Kidnapper -
NBA All-Star 2026 Shake-up: Inside The New USA Vs World Tournament Format -
Warner Bros Consider Reopening Deal Talks With Paramount, Says Reports -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Faces Future With UK MPs, Says Expert -
Shamed Andrew Told 'nobody Is Above The Law' Amid Harrowing Silence -
Gisele Bundchen Melts Hearts With Sweet Bike Ride Glimpse Featuring Son -
Prince William Found Meghan Markle ‘quite Refreshing’ At Start -
Kate Middleton Knew Should Could Not Be ‘voice Of Reason’ With Prince Harry -
Rihanna Has Wardrobe Malfunction At A$AP Rocky Fashion Show -
Prince Harry Felt System Had ‘one Rule For Him, One For Prince William’ -
Jake Paul's Fiancée Sends Him Over The Moon Over Stunning Victory -
Harper Beckham Sends Valentine’s Love Amid Brooklyn Family Drama -
Why Prince William, Kate Middleton 'partnership' Is Important For Monarchy -
Katie Price Drama Escalates As Family Stays In Touch With Ex JJ Slater -
Critics Target Palace Narrative After Andrew's Controversy Refuses To Die -
Sarah Ferguson’s Delusions Take A Turn For The Worse: ‘She’s Been Deserted’