Sindh govt taking all possible steps to promote sports: Sharjeel
Sindh Senior Minister Sharjeel Inam Memon on Saturday handed over a cheque of Rs30 million on behalf of the Sindh government to Adnan Asad, an official of the Sindh Squash Championship.
Addressing a press conference on the occasion, alongside Secretary Sports Abdul Aleem Lashari and Sindh Squash Champion official Adnan Asad, Minister for Information, Transport, and Mass Transit Sharjeel Inam Memon stated that the provincial government was taking all possible steps to promote sports.
He added that the organization of the Under-23 Squash Championship will attract players from around the world to Karachi, which will not only contribute to the development of sports but also enhance Pakistan’s positive image on a global scale. He stated that players from 35 countries are participating in the event, including female players from 22 countries.
The championship will be broadcast live in 80 countries, showcasing the ideal environment of Pakistan, particularly Karachi. He further stated that the Sindh government will continue to support sports and is taking practical steps to promote sports tourism. He added that the Sindh government has allocated Rs30 million for this event to ensure it meets international standards.
He stated that a few days ago, PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto launched the “iwork4sindh.com” portal, the only platform in Pakistan providing access to both public and private sector job opportunities. So far, 1.4 million people have accessed the portal, with 36,833 applications submitted for over 2,000 jobs.
Memon stated that after COVID-19, the concept of "work from home" was also introduced, along with other services such as food delivery. He added that the CVs of skilled individuals will be available on the portal, enabling private companies to access talented professionals.
He stated that the government is striving to provide sports facilities to millions of young people across the province. Promoting a sport like squash will not only raise awareness among the youth but also strengthen Pakistan’s international relations.
Expressing gratitude for the government's support, Adnan Asad stated that hosting the Under-23 World Squash Championship in Pakistan is a historic opportunity. He also urged private companies to collaborate in supporting financially disadvantaged players by helping them acquire necessary sports equipment.
Memon stated that the winner of the championship will receive a prize of $60,000. He emphasized that Pakistan is a peaceful country and invited international players to visit and experience its welcoming atmosphere first-hand.
-
Savannah Guthrie Sends Desperate Plea To Mom Nancy Kidnapper -
NBA All-Star 2026 Shake-up: Inside The New USA Vs World Tournament Format -
Warner Bros Consider Reopening Deal Talks With Paramount, Says Reports -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Faces Future With UK MPs, Says Expert -
Shamed Andrew Told 'nobody Is Above The Law' Amid Harrowing Silence -
Gisele Bundchen Melts Hearts With Sweet Bike Ride Glimpse Featuring Son -
Prince William Found Meghan Markle ‘quite Refreshing’ At Start -
Kate Middleton Knew Should Could Not Be ‘voice Of Reason’ With Prince Harry -
Rihanna Has Wardrobe Malfunction At A$AP Rocky Fashion Show -
Prince Harry Felt System Had ‘one Rule For Him, One For Prince William’ -
Jake Paul's Fiancée Sends Him Over The Moon Over Stunning Victory -
Harper Beckham Sends Valentine’s Love Amid Brooklyn Family Drama -
Why Prince William, Kate Middleton 'partnership' Is Important For Monarchy -
Katie Price Drama Escalates As Family Stays In Touch With Ex JJ Slater -
Critics Target Palace Narrative After Andrew's Controversy Refuses To Die -
Sarah Ferguson’s Delusions Take A Turn For The Worse: ‘She’s Been Deserted’