Investigation launched against Nadia Hussain under Peca for ‘defaming FIA’ ‘
The Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) on Friday launched an investigation against actor and model Nadia Hussain under the Prevention of Electronic Crimes Act (Peca) for allegedly levelling false allegations against the probe agency.
A day earlier, Nadia took to her Instagram account to state that a man describing himself as an FIA officer had attempted to defraud her. This came days after her husband's arrest in a financial embezzlement case. The FIA arrested the actor’s husband, Atif Khan, in a multi-million fraud case last week. The actor said that an FIA officer demanded a Rs30 million bribe to ensure that her husband secured bail in the case.
According to Nadia, the caller asked her that the matter should remain between them. The actor said that initially, she almost believed him, however, it didn’t take her much time to recognise the whole situation.
She disclosed that the fraud caller had been reported to the FIA and that she would be talking to NADRA officials about how her family members’ numbers were so easily available to anyone.
Surprisingly, instead of taking action against the fraud caller, the FIA cybercrime wing launched an investigation against the actor over “baseless allegations”. A spokesperson for the FIA said that the suspect made a telephone call to the actor for a bribe, adding that the caller used the picture of a senior officer as a display picture (DP) on Instagram.
The actor was told about the fake call when she approached the FIA, the official said, adding that the actor was instructed to lodge her complaint with the cybercrime wing. “Nobody will be allowed to spread baseless propaganda [against FIA] without any evidence,” the spokesperson said, adding that the actor attempted to damage the reputation of the institution.
On the other hand, the actor said that an FIA team visited her at her house and inquired about the fake call and her statement on the social media platform. “I have provided all the information [about the incident] to the FIA officials,” she added.
The actor said that she clearly mentioned in the description of the social media post that it was a fraud call. “I was not taken into custody,” Nadia clarified, adding that she was asked to record statement next week.
-
Kate Middleton Knew Should Could Not Be ‘voice Of Reason’ With Prince Harry -
Rihanna Has Wardrobe Malfunction At A$AP Rocky Fashion Show -
Prince Harry Felt System Had ‘one Rule For Him, One For Prince William’ -
Jake Paul's Fiancée Sends Him Over The Moon Over Stunning Victory -
Why Prince William, Kate Middleton 'partnership' Is Important For Monarchy -
Katie Price Drama Escalates As Family Stays In Touch With Ex JJ Slater -
Critics Target Palace Narrative After Andrew's Controversy Refuses To Die -
Sarah Ferguson’s Delusions Take A Turn For The Worse: ‘She’s Been Deserted’ -
ICE Agents 'fake Car Trouble' To Arrest Minnesota Man, Family Says -
Camila Mendes Reveals How She Prepared For Her Role In 'Idiotka' -
China Confirms Visa-free Travel For UK, Canada Nationals -
Inside Sarah Ferguson, Andrew Windsor's Emotional Collapse After Epstein Fallout -
Bad Bunny's Star Power Explodes Tourism Searches For His Hometown -
Jennifer Aniston Gives Peek Into Love Life With Cryptic Snap Of Jim Curtis -
Prince Harry Turns Diana Into Content: ‘It Would Have Appalled Her To Be Repackaged For Profit’ -
Prince William's Love For His Three Children Revealed During Family Crisis