SBCA approves construction of four-storey building at ‘Pucca Qila heritage site’
HYDERABAD: The construction of a four-storey commercial building has begun on the historical and heritage site of Pucca Qila in Hyderabad following an alleged approval by the Sindh Building Control Authority (SBCA).
The construction started around a month ago and the structure of shops has been completed. On Tuesday, Hyderabad City Assistant Commissioner Babar Saleh Rahpoto visited the heritage site of Pucca Qila and inspected the new building.
Talking to the media on the occasion, he said Hyderabad Deputy Commissioner Zainul Aabdin Memon had taken notice of the matter and directed him to visit the heritage site and submit a report.
Meanwhile, Qasim, the attorney of the building, has produced the no-objection certificate and building plan approved by the SBCA. The assistant commissioner said that if the building owner’s claim was illegal, the building would be demolished.
Focal Person of Heritage and Archeology Buildings Hyderabad Rukan Din Qureshi told The News that the Pucca Qila archaeology site covered more than 38 acres where no construction could take place.
He explained that under the Antiquities Act, construction was prohibited even within two hundred feet of an archaeological site. As soon as the information about the construction on the Pucca Qila land was received, the district administration along with the archaeology director general and police were informed so that the construction could be stopped, the focal person said.
Assistant Director of Archaeology Department in Hyderabad Sindhu Nawaz Chandio said that the Pucca Qila was an archaeological site where no new construction could take place, but a person named Qasim was carrying out construction on the Plot No 2727/1 after getting the site plan approved by the SBCA.
She said that under the Sindh Cultural Heritage (Preservation) Act, 1994, the Pucca Qila had been designated as protected heritage. She added that Qasim had obtained approval from the Hyderabad regional director of the SBCA, due to which they could not stop him.
Sindhu said the archaeology DG had written a letter to the SBCA regarding the construction at the Pucca Qila site, requesting cancellation of the proposed plan on the Plot No. 2727/1. Qasim, the builder, told The News that many buildings had been built at the Pucca Qila archaeological site, some of which were constructed by him.
He claimed that he had completed all the formalities before starting the construction and claimed that the archaeology department had been harassing him.
-
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Faces Future With UK MPs, Says Expert -
Shamed Andrew Told 'nobody Is Above The Law' Amid Harrowing Silence -
Gisele Bundchen Melts Hearts With Sweet Bike Ride Glimpse Featuring Son -
Prince William Found Meghan Markle ‘quite Refreshing’ At Start -
Kate Middleton Knew Should Could Not Be ‘voice Of Reason’ With Prince Harry -
Rihanna Has Wardrobe Malfunction At A$AP Rocky Fashion Show -
Prince Harry Felt System Had ‘one Rule For Him, One For Prince William’ -
Jake Paul's Fiancée Sends Him Over The Moon Over Stunning Victory -
Harper Beckham Sends Valentine’s Love Amid Brooklyn Family Drama -
Why Prince William, Kate Middleton 'partnership' Is Important For Monarchy -
Katie Price Drama Escalates As Family Stays In Touch With Ex JJ Slater -
Critics Target Palace Narrative After Andrew's Controversy Refuses To Die -
Sarah Ferguson’s Delusions Take A Turn For The Worse: ‘She’s Been Deserted’ -
ICE Agents 'fake Car Trouble' To Arrest Minnesota Man, Family Says -
Camila Mendes Reveals How She Prepared For Her Role In 'Idiotka' -
China Confirms Visa-free Travel For UK, Canada Nationals