Unrest in Kurram: PHC directs KP, federal govts to submit replies
Petitioner’s lawyer tells court that for past three months, situation in Kurram district had been extremely volatile
PESHAWAR: The Peshawar High Court on Thursday issued notices to the provincial and federal governments to submit replies in a petition seeking addressing the deteriorating law and order situation, restoring basic facilities and normalizing routine life in the restive in Kurram district.
A division bench comprising Justice Sahibzada Asadullah and Justice Wiqar Ahmad heard the petition while Advocate Ali Azeem Afridi appeared on behalf of the petitioner Advocate Mahmood Ali Turi.
The petitioner’s lawyer informed the court that for the past three months, the security situation in Kurram district had been extremely volatile. All major roads, he pleaded, in the district had been blocked, causing immense difficulties for the residents.
He contended that providing basic facilities to citizens was the responsibility of the government. “The deteriorating law and order situation has deprived residents of access to essential services such as healthcare, education and other necessities,” the lawyer argued.
He said that residents had been unable to travel to and from the Kurram district for months, and both transportation and mobile services were remained suspended. The lawyer prayed the court to direct the government to take immediate measures to restore law and order, reopen educational and healthcare institutions and arrange online classes, tests, and interviews for students. He also said that ensuring the provision of basic facilities and security to citizens was the state’s responsibility. “The government should focus on resuming educational activities and providing healthcare services to citizens. Many patients are stranded without access to medical care,” he maintained. The lawyer also sought to make the Parachinar Airport operational so that serious patients could be transported to Peshawar and other hospitals for timely treatment. After arguments, the bench issued notices to the provincial and federal governments for submission of their responses, seeking their responses.
-
King Charles Holds Emergency Meeting After Andrew Arrest: 'Abdication Is Not Happening' -
Amazon Can Be Sued Over Sodium Nitrite Suicide Cases, US Court Rules -
'Vikings' Star Mourns Eric Dane's Death -
Patrick Dempsey Reveals Eric Dane's Condition In Final Days Before Death -
'Heartbroken' Nina Dobrev Mourns Death Of Eric Dane: 'He'll Be Deeply Missed' -
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s Arrest: What Happened When A Royal Was Last Tried? -
Alyssa Milano Expresses Grief Over Death Of 'Charmed' Co-star Eric Dane -
Prince William, Kate Middleton Camp Reacts To Meghan's Friend Remarks On Harry 'secret Olive Branch' -
Daniel Radcliffe Opens Up About 'The Wizard Of Oz' Offer -
Channing Tatum Reacts To UK's Action Against Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor -
Brooke Candy Announces Divorce From Kyle England After Seven Years Of Marriage -
Piers Morgan Makes Meaningful Plea To King Charles After Andrew Arrest -
Sir Elton John Details Struggle With Loss Of Vision: 'I Can't See' -
Epstein Estate To Pay $35M To Victims In Major Class Action Settlement -
Virginia Giuffre’s Brother Speaks Directly To King Charles In An Emotional Message About Andrew -
Reddit Tests AI-powered Shopping Results In Search