Poor security situation in KP: PHC adjourns hearing of petition till December 4
PESHAWAR: The Peshawar High Court (PHC) on Tuesday adjourned to December 4 the hearing of a petition concerning the deteriorating security situation in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, particularly the safety of courts, judicial officers, and barrooms.
A two-member bench comprising Chief Justice Ishtiaq Ibrahim and Justice Wiqar Ahmad heard the case filed by the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Bar Council.The petitioner, Sadiq Ali Mohmand, along with Additional Advocate General Inam Yusufzai, Assistant Attorney General Daulat Khan, and other officials, appeared before the court.
During the proceedings, the court was informed that the petition was filed in view of the overall security challenges in the province with a specific focus on threats to judges, courtrooms, and barrooms.The petitioner highlighted the alarming issues arising from the lack of adequate security measures.
The court was reminded that during a previous hearing, it had directed the convening of a high-level committee meeting to address these concerns. However, the additional advocate general informed the bench that the meeting could not take place due to unavoidable circumstances. He added the meeting had been scheduled for November 29, with participation from senior provincial officials, bar council’s representatives, the PHC registrar, and
federal government representatives.
In light of the scheduled meeting, the court agreed to adjourn the case, emphasizing the importance of reviewing the decisions from the committee. The court instructed that a detailed report on the committee’s findings and resolutions be presented during the next hearing.
The petitioner, Sadiq Ali Mohmand, Vice-Chairman of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Bar Council, argued that KP was grappling with severe security challenges. He pointed to recent attacks on judges and murders within court premises, calling for a comprehensive strategy to address the issue. He urged both the provincial and federal governments to play a proactive role in ensuring security.
The PHC has already issued notices to the provincial and federal governments and established a high-level committee to address the matter. The case will now be heard on December 4.
-
Savannah Guthrie Sends Desperate Plea To Mom Nancy Kidnapper -
NBA All-Star 2026 Shake-up: Inside The New USA Vs World Tournament Format -
Warner Bros Consider Reopening Deal Talks With Paramount, Says Reports -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Faces Future With UK MPs, Says Expert -
Shamed Andrew Told 'nobody Is Above The Law' Amid Harrowing Silence -
Gisele Bundchen Melts Hearts With Sweet Bike Ride Glimpse Featuring Son -
Prince William Found Meghan Markle ‘quite Refreshing’ At Start -
Kate Middleton Knew Should Could Not Be ‘voice Of Reason’ With Prince Harry -
Rihanna Has Wardrobe Malfunction At A$AP Rocky Fashion Show -
Prince Harry Felt System Had ‘one Rule For Him, One For Prince William’ -
Jake Paul's Fiancée Sends Him Over The Moon Over Stunning Victory -
Harper Beckham Sends Valentine’s Love Amid Brooklyn Family Drama -
Why Prince William, Kate Middleton 'partnership' Is Important For Monarchy -
Katie Price Drama Escalates As Family Stays In Touch With Ex JJ Slater -
Critics Target Palace Narrative After Andrew's Controversy Refuses To Die -
Sarah Ferguson’s Delusions Take A Turn For The Worse: ‘She’s Been Deserted’