13 militants involved in Turbat massacre killed in FC operation
QUETTA: Thirteen militants, the commander of a banned outfit among them, were killed in Turbat, an FC official said here on Monday. Those killed were allegedly involved in the killing of 20 labourers, employees of the military’s construction company.A commander of the proscribed organisation, Hayat, was killed while another commander
By our correspondents
April 14, 2015
QUETTA: Thirteen militants, the commander of a banned outfit among them, were killed in Turbat, an FC official said here on Monday.
Those killed were allegedly involved in the killing of 20 labourers, employees of the military’s construction company.A commander of the proscribed organisation, Hayat, was killed while another commander Zareef was arrested, the Frontier Corps spokesman said.
“On a tip-off, the Frontier Corps launched an operation in the Gubain area of Turbat and shot dead 13 militants,” the spokesman said.He further said that the banned outfit commander Hayat died due to gunshot wounds while another commander, identified as Zareef, was held during the operation.
Reacting to the killing of labourers, Chief Minister Dr Abdul Malik had formed a joint investigation team to probe the incident, directing officials to submit the report within a week.A special cell was also established asking the people to provide any clue leading to the culprits. — APP
AFP adds: Immediately following the killings, security forces launched a search operation in the barren mountainous area and have so far killed 13 militants, with the fighting ongoing.
Provincial home secretary Akbar Hussain Durrani confirmed the militant death toll.INP adds: Unknown armed men gunned down a local doctor on Monday and fled. Police said that armed men who came on a motorcycle sprayed bullets on a clinic situated in the Bhag area of district Bolan in Balochistan.
As a result of the firing, the doctor running the clinic died on the spot while the assailants managed to escape. The body was shifted to a hospital where it was handed over to the police after medico-legal formalities. Police fear that the incident seems to be the outcome of personal enmity. However, a case has been registered against the unidentified attackers and an investigation was in progress.
Those killed were allegedly involved in the killing of 20 labourers, employees of the military’s construction company.A commander of the proscribed organisation, Hayat, was killed while another commander Zareef was arrested, the Frontier Corps spokesman said.
“On a tip-off, the Frontier Corps launched an operation in the Gubain area of Turbat and shot dead 13 militants,” the spokesman said.He further said that the banned outfit commander Hayat died due to gunshot wounds while another commander, identified as Zareef, was held during the operation.
Reacting to the killing of labourers, Chief Minister Dr Abdul Malik had formed a joint investigation team to probe the incident, directing officials to submit the report within a week.A special cell was also established asking the people to provide any clue leading to the culprits. — APP
AFP adds: Immediately following the killings, security forces launched a search operation in the barren mountainous area and have so far killed 13 militants, with the fighting ongoing.
Provincial home secretary Akbar Hussain Durrani confirmed the militant death toll.INP adds: Unknown armed men gunned down a local doctor on Monday and fled. Police said that armed men who came on a motorcycle sprayed bullets on a clinic situated in the Bhag area of district Bolan in Balochistan.
As a result of the firing, the doctor running the clinic died on the spot while the assailants managed to escape. The body was shifted to a hospital where it was handed over to the police after medico-legal formalities. Police fear that the incident seems to be the outcome of personal enmity. However, a case has been registered against the unidentified attackers and an investigation was in progress.
-
Katie Price Drama Escalates As Family Stays In Touch With Ex JJ Slater -
Critics Target Palace Narrative After Andrew's Controversy Refuses To Die -
Sarah Ferguson’s Delusions Take A Turn For The Worse: ‘She’s Been Deserted’ -
ICE Agents 'fake Car Trouble' To Arrest Minnesota Man, Family Says -
Camila Mendes Reveals How She Prepared For Her Role In 'Idiotka' -
China Confirms Visa-free Travel For UK, Canada Nationals -
Inside Sarah Ferguson, Andrew Windsor's Emotional Collapse After Epstein Fallout -
Bad Bunny's Star Power Explodes Tourism Searches For His Hometown -
Jennifer Aniston Gives Peek Into Love Life With Cryptic Snap Of Jim Curtis -
Prince Harry Turns Diana Into Content: ‘It Would Have Appalled Her To Be Repackaged For Profit’ -
Prince William's Love For His Three Children Revealed During Family Crisis -
Murder Suspect Kills Himself After Woman Found Dead In Missouri -
Sarah Ferguson's Plea To Jeffrey Epstein Exposed In New Files -
Prince William Prepares For War Against Prince Harry: Nothing Is Off The Table Not Legal Ways Or His Influence -
'How To Get Away With Murder' Star Karla Souza Is Still Friends With THIS Costar -
Pal Reveals Prince William’s ‘disorienting’ Turmoil Over Kate’s Cancer: ‘You Saw In His Eyes & The Way He Held Himself’