ISLAMABAD: Four government departments have filed separate applications with the Islamabad High Court (IHC) in the audio leaks case to request that the matter be placed before the same bench of the court that has already decided the issue.
The applicants said that the petitions of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf founder’s wife Bushra Bibi and former chief justice of Pakistan’s son Najamul Saqib should also be placed before the bench that had decided the identical matter in 2021, and Justice Babar Sattar should recuse from the case to avoid any differing decision.
An important development has taken place in the audio leaks case that was being heard in the court of Justice Babar Sattar of the IHC. Pemra, the PTA, the FIA and the IB have filed separate applications, stating that the identical matter was previously decided by Justice Mohsin Akhtar Kayani in 2021. Therefore, they said, to avoid a conflicting decision, and in the interest of justice, it would be appropriate that Justice Babar Sattar, who was hearing the petitions of Bushra Bibi and Najamul Saqib, should recuse himself from hearing the petitions.
The court was requested that the matter not be placed before Justice Babar Sattar, and that the same be placed before the bench that has already heard and decided the identical matter.
The audio leaks case is scheduled for hearing on April 29 (tomorrow).
That call widened on Wednesday to include a halt to all shopping for one day
This year, 78 nations and semi-autonomous territories have at least one billionaire on list, same number as last year
Afghans who hold PoR cards from UN refugee agency, UNHCR, are also to be moved outside capital and neighbouring city...
Film was announced last year and makers gave fans glimpse of it by dropping a teaser on April 1
It is one of most striking economic defeats suffered by America in more than 40 years covering international affairs,...
These centres aim to provide specialised education, training and rehabilitation for children with autism