Notices issued to MQM, PPP MNAs on pleas against poll results
An election tribunal of the Sindh High Court on Monday issued notices to Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) MNA Farooq Sattar and Pakistan People Party (PPP) MNA Nabeel Gabol on the petitions challenging the election results of Karachi’s National Assembly constituencies NA-244 and NA-239.
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) candidates Aftab Jehangir and Yasir Baloch had challenged the election results of NA-244 and NA-239, claiming that the returning officers had manipulated the consolidated results, and that according to Form 45, they had obtained the highest number of votes in their respective constituencies.
The petitioners’ counsel said the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) had failed to upload Form 45 for the polling stations of the constituencies to its website, disregarding the legal requirement to do so within 14 days of polling, as stipulated in Section 92(10) of the Elections Act.
The counsel said that Form 45 had been tampered with in the favour of the respondent candidates, and that votes cast in favour of the petitioners had been suspiciously transferred in favour of the MQM’s and the PPP’s candidates, effectively revising the electoral income in favour of the respondents.
He said that the ECP’s failure to detect and rectify these discrepancies in a timely manner raises serious questions about the efficacy of the electoral oversight mechanism in place, calling into question the integrity of the entire electoral process.
He also said that the failure of the election officers to conduct the consolidation in accordance with the applicable provisions of the Elections Act and rules has a put a mark upon the fairness of the polls conducted in the constituencies.
The tribunal was requested to withdraw and set aside the notification with regard to declaring the respondents returned candidates, and restrain them from attending the NA session until the decision of the petitions. After the preliminary hearing of the petitions, the election tribunal issued notices to the ECP, and the MQM and PPP MNAs, telling them to file their comments on May 7.
-
Savannah Guthrie Sends Desperate Plea To Mom Nancy Kidnapper -
NBA All-Star 2026 Shake-up: Inside The New USA Vs World Tournament Format -
Warner Bros Consider Reopening Deal Talks With Paramount, Says Reports -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Faces Future With UK MPs, Says Expert -
Shamed Andrew Told 'nobody Is Above The Law' Amid Harrowing Silence -
Gisele Bundchen Melts Hearts With Sweet Bike Ride Glimpse Featuring Son -
Prince William Found Meghan Markle ‘quite Refreshing’ At Start -
Kate Middleton Knew Should Could Not Be ‘voice Of Reason’ With Prince Harry -
Rihanna Has Wardrobe Malfunction At A$AP Rocky Fashion Show -
Prince Harry Felt System Had ‘one Rule For Him, One For Prince William’ -
Jake Paul's Fiancée Sends Him Over The Moon Over Stunning Victory -
Harper Beckham Sends Valentine’s Love Amid Brooklyn Family Drama -
Why Prince William, Kate Middleton 'partnership' Is Important For Monarchy -
Katie Price Drama Escalates As Family Stays In Touch With Ex JJ Slater -
Critics Target Palace Narrative After Andrew's Controversy Refuses To Die -
Sarah Ferguson’s Delusions Take A Turn For The Worse: ‘She’s Been Deserted’