Shahzain Bugti to contest against Sarfraz Bugti
ISLAMABAD: Former federal minister and Jamhoori Watan Party (JWP) President Nawabzada Shahzain Bugti on Monday announced that he would contest upcoming general elections in Balochistan against Sarfraz Ahmad Bugti, who belonged to Balochistan Awami Party (BAP), had been interior minister in the caretaker cabinet and resigned from the cabinet last week to contest February 8, 2024 polls.
“I will consult my people who always give intelligent advice before filing nomination papers since it has been our ritual,” Shahzain said.
In an informal chat with ‘The News’ on Monday evening from his hometown, the JWP president, without taking the name of Sarfraz Bugti, said that switching parties makes no difference since Balochistan has its own traditions.
“I will contest as candidate of Shaheed Nawab Akbar Bugti’s JWP party and our candidates in the polls would make adjustment, if needed according to the situation of their respective constituencies. We will prefer to have cooperation with the parties and people who have been maintaining neat and clean record,” he said.
Former interim interior minister Sarfraz Ahmad Bugti joined the PPP on Monday, while Shahzain opted not to comment on his joining the PPP. “Let the filing of the nomination papers start, I would decide to contest for the National and Balochistan assemblies from both or one constituency.”
To a query, he said that he would contest from his native constituency which consisted of four districts previously and now another district has been added to it. Dera Bugti, Kolooh, Sibi and Harnai districts constituted this seat, which would be NA-253. Now Ziarat district has been made part of this single constituency.
Earlier, it was spread over 20,000 kms and now the area of about 30,000 kms will constitute this constituency in 2024 polls. Five constituencies of Balochistan Assembly would fall in one National Assembly seat, he added.
It is pertinent to mention that Shahzain Bugti was Special Assistant to the PM (SAPM) on Reconciliation and Harmony in Balochistan in the PTI government but quitted the post on March 27, 2022, a day before tabling no-trust motion against former prime minister Imran Khan. Later, he joined the PDM government of Shahbaz Sharif as federal Minister for Narcotics Control.
Nawabzada Shahzain Bugti is the grandson of Nawab Akbar Bugti who was assassinated during the Musharraf-led government after developing serious differences with the then government on certain actions. On the other hand, Sarfraz Bugti is eying for the chief minister’s slot of Balochistan.
-
PayPal Data Breach Exposed Sensitive User Data For Six-month Period; What You Need To Know -
Prince William Receives First Heartbreaking News After Andrew Arrest -
11-year-old Allegedly Kills Father Over Confiscated Nintendo Switch -
Jacob Elordi Talks About Filming Steamy Scenes With Margot Robbie In 'Wuthering Heights' -
Why Prince Harry Really Wants To Reconcile With King Charles, Prince William, Kate Middleton? -
'Grief Is Cruel': Kelly Osbourne Offers Glimpse Into Hidden Pain Over Rockstar Father Ozzy Death -
Timothée Chalamet Reveals Rare Impact Of Not Attending Acting School On Career -
Liza Minnelli Gets Candid About Her Struggles With Substance Abuse Post Death Of Mum Judy Garland -
'Saturday Night Live' Star Will Forte Reveals How He Feels About Returning To The Show After 2010 Exit -
Police Officer Arrested Over Alleged Assault Hours After Oath-taking -
Maxwell Seeks To Block Further Release Of Epstein Files, Calls Law ‘unconstitutional’ -
Prince William Issues 'ultimatum' To Queen Camilla As Monarchy Is In 'delicate Phase' -
Winter Olympics 2026: Remembering The Most Unforgettable, Heartwarming Stories -
King Charles Hands All Of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s Records And Files To Police: Report -
Eric Dane's Family Shares Heartbreaking Statement After His Death -
Samsung Brings Perplexity AI To Galaxy S26 With ‘Hey Plex’ Voice Command