NOWSHERA: The protest against the closure of the school here continued for the sixth day on Thursday as the classes were arranged on the roadside. The students of the Government Primary School No-I, Nowshera Cantonment, continued their studies on the roadside due to the closure of the school by the Cantonment Board.
Teachers associations leaders, including Atiqur Rehman and Islamuddin Batakzai said that the future of the 140 students was at stake due to the suspension of studies.They termed the sealing of the school an attempt to encroach the valuable property, adding that the lease would expire in 2027. He said that the Auqaf Department act of auctioning the school building was also unlawful which had been challenged in the Peshawar High Court. He said that they were planning to file a contempt of court case against the sealing of the school.
Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has also sought a detailed report about the closure of the school. The sources said that the government would contact the federal government
and Defence Ministry for resolving the issue after the report.
Executive Officer of the Nowshera Cantonment Muhammad Salim said that the board was ready to provide alternative place for the students as the existing building was dangerous.He retreated that the board would not allow illegal occupation of the school.
Four unidentified persons riding two motorcycles opened fire on a vehicle carrying transgender persons
Protesters are demanding immediate release of Dr Mahrang, Bebo Baloch, and all other detained members of BYC
Nadeem worries bribe of 50,000 rupees, or about $175, has only bought family of 14 a limited amount of time
Special assistant says some tourists fired aerial shots near his residence last night but there was no attack on his...
Zakat amount also surpassed official development aid received by country in 2022, amounting to Rs376bn
All Afghan citizens residing in Pakistan have been given clear instructions to return with honour