Authorities were unaware about the existence of this section of the wall. As per the records, the section had been registered as dismantled.
By Web Desk
January 26, 2018
Mute
Current Time 0:00
/
Duration Time 0:00
Loaded: 0%
Progress: 0%
Stream TypeLIVE
Remaining Time -0:00
Playback Rate
1
Chapters
Chapters
descriptions off, selected
Descriptions
subtitles off, selected
Subtitles
captions off, selected
Captions
Audio Track
This is a modal window.
The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported.
Captions Settings Dialog
Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.
A 37-year-old German man came forward with a claim that he has discovered an 80 meters long piece of the great Berlin Wall.
"According to my research, it is the last piece of the original wall," said Christian Bormann.
As told by the man, authorities were unaware about the existence of this section of the wall. As per the records, the section had been registered as dismantled.
Christian said that he first found the piece in 1999. He remained silent about the discovery until earlier this week, when he published a blog related to it.
He stated that it was the right time to inform authorities about it since he was becoming concerned about vandals and storm damage at site that happened some time back.