Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp not in full energy to lead
Liverpool to have manager in coming weeks
English professional football club Liverpool’s manager Jurgen Klopp revealed that if he stayed for another season, the problems which the team is already facing would go on in the next season Sunday.
Jurgen Klopp said in a conversation with Sky Sports as the team was gearing up to face Tottenham Sunday: "The football hasn't been great the last few weeks, and as a result you start hearing people say that I look really tired. I'm just old."
He maintained that the struggle of the team would persist if he did not decide now to part ways with Liverpool.
"For that, you really need to be full of energy. 80% is not enough. That's the truth. It's too much. It's a 24/7 job. Yes, there are more important things in life, but if you really care then it's 24/7."
"I did it for a pretty long time and I knew I couldn't continue to do it at the standard necessary for a club like Liverpool," said the German.
"It will be super tough not to be part of it anymore in the way I'm part of it now — because I will stay part of it, I will," the 56-year-old said, who was involved in a spat with his own team member Mo Salah last week.
The team will name Feyenoord chief Arne Slot as a replacement, with hopes of returning to Anfield to watch matches from the stands.
"I will come and watch games, and if whoever is the next manager doesn't like having me in the stands, this time, I couldn't be bothered."
Liverpool won 10 out of 12 matches with two draws.
-
2026 Winter Olympics men figure skating: Malinin eyes quadruple axel, after banned backflip
-
Bucks vs Thunder: Nikola Topic makes NBA debut as Milwaukee wins big
-
Shaun White is back at the Olympics but not competing: Here’s why
-
Breezy Johnson engaged at Olympics after emotional finish line proposal
-
Olympics men hockey game: McDavid, Crosby power Canada past Czechia
-
Ex-Arsenal footballer Thomas Partey charged with additional rape counts
-
Chloe Kim set for historic halfpipe gold showdown at Milano Cortina
-
Vladyslav Heraskevych disqualified from Winter Olympics 2026 over helmet controversy