Rajkumar Rao opens up about his initial struggles in the industry
Rajkumar Rao's 'Monica, Oh My Darling' is set to release on Netflix on November 11
Rajkumar Rao, while promoting his film Monica, Oh My Darling at an event, opened about his initial struggles in the Bollywood industry.
At India Today Conclave Mumbai 2022, Rao revealed that he was not chosen for lead roles in the films due to his looks.
During the session Breaking Bollywood Stereotypes, the Ludo actor said: “There was a time when I would never get to audition for hero’s role. I was told to audition for his friend’s role. I know I am not the most good-looking man in the room but Dibakar Banerjee saw something in me.”
Rajkumar performed in Dibakar’s film in 2010 which became the reason of the actor’s break. Since then, Rao has been recognized as one of the finest actors of India. He revealed in the interview how the filmmaker identified his talent in the first place and gave him a chance.
Today, Rajkumar Rao is a widely-known actor for some of his outstanding performances in Stree, Newton, Trapped, Badhaai Do.
Currently, the actor is awaiting the release of his upcoming Netflix film Monica, Oh My Darling opposite Huma Qureshi and Radhika Apte. The film is set to release on November 11.
As per IndiaToday, Rajkumar Rao further has Bheed and Mr & Mrs Mahi in the pipeline.
-
Timothée Chalamet reveals rare impact of not attending acting school on career
-
Liza Minnelli gets candid about her struggles with substance abuse post death of mum Judy Garland
-
'Saturday Night Live' star Will Forte reveals how he feels about returning to the show after 2010 exit
-
Eric Dane's family shares heartbreaking statement after his death
-
'Never Have I Ever' star Maitreyi Ramakrishnan lifts the lid on how she avoids drama at coffee shops due to her name
-
Chyler Leigh pays moving homage to 'Grey’s Anatomy' co-star Eric Dane: 'He was amazing'
-
Matthew Lillard admits fashion trends are not his 'forte'
-
Anna Sawai opens up on portraying Yoko Ono in Beatles film series