PESHAWAR: Adviser to the Chief Minister of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on Information Barrister Muhammad Ali Saif on Sunday said that a significant progress was being made toward bringing lasting peace to Kurram tribal district.
“The efforts of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government, led by Chief Minister Ali Amin Gnadapur are yielding positive results,” he said in a statement.
Barrister Saif said that an agreement had been reached between the parties to enhance the security of roads in the region. “This agreement is a sub-deal under the larger Kohat peace deal and aims primarily at securing the Thall-Parachinar road,” he went on to add
The CM’s aide said that the provincial government was taking serious measures to resolve a century-old dispute. As part of the Kohat peace agreement, he said, Kurram was being cleared of bunkers and weapons.
“So far, nearly 900 bunkers belonging to both parties have been demolished,” Barrister Saif said, adding that the authorities would begin the collection of weapons once the bunker demolition process was completed.
“The elimination of bunkers and arms is essential for establishing long-term peace in Kurram,” he stressed.