Ramallah, Palestinian Territories: A Palestinian was shot dead during clashes with Israeli forces in the occupied West Bank on Monday, Palestinian officials said.
Ahmed Saleem, 24, was shot in Jayyous near Qalqilya, close to the separation line between Israel and the West Bank, the health ministry said, with official Palestinian media saying the incident occurred during clashes.
There was no immediate confirmation from the Israeli army.
Saleem was the 17th Palestinian to be killed since US President Donald Trump´s controversial declaration of Jerusalem as Israel´s capital on December 6, most of them in clashes with Israeli forces.
One Israeli has been killed since then.
Trump´s announcement infuriated Palestinians, who see east Jerusalem as the capital of their future state, and sparked protests.
-
France sees record 102mn international tourists in 2025
-
ICE deports Congolese mother despite fears she could be killed
-
Keir Starmer appoints 'Dame Antonia Romeo' as first female head of UK service
-
Russia sounds alarm over Iran tension as US forces surge in region
-
France on red alert: Storm Pedro batters southwest following record 35 day rain streak
-
Headway made in Nancy Guthrie case: report
-
'Pulp Fiction' actor Peter Greene died in accidental gunshot, officials confirm
-
Three men discovered dead in Detroit basement as passerby alerts police