Indian judge resigns after freeing 5 men in mosque blast case
NEW DELHI: An anti-terror court judge in India Monday resigned, hours after acquitting five men, including a Hindu saint, in an 11-year-old mosque blast case.
Justice Ravinder Reddy submitted his resignation to the Chief Justice of Andhra Pradesh High Court, citing personal reasons. Earlier in the day, he freed the five men accused of engineering the bomb blast in one of the country’s biggest mosques in the southern city of Hyderabad some 11 years back. The explosion at the historic Makkah Masjid (mosque) took place during Friday prayers on May 18, 2007, claiming the lives of nine people and injuring over 50 others. Five others were also killed in police firing in riots that followed the blast.
The court acquitted all the accused, citing lack of evidence. The anti-terror National Investigation Agency (NIA) had failed to prove anyone’s guilt, according to the court. A total of 10 people, allegedly belonging to right-wing Hindu groups, including saint Swami Aseemanand, were initially named accused in the case by NIA. While one of them was killed during the investigation, two others went missing. Probe is on against two others.
-
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Faces Future With UK MPs, Says Expert -
Shamed Andrew Told 'nobody Is Above The Law' Amid Harrowing Silence -
Gisele Bundchen Melts Hearts With Sweet Bike Ride Glimpse Featuring Son -
Prince William Found Meghan Markle ‘quite Refreshing’ At Start -
Kate Middleton Knew Should Could Not Be ‘voice Of Reason’ With Prince Harry -
Rihanna Has Wardrobe Malfunction At A$AP Rocky Fashion Show -
Prince Harry Felt System Had ‘one Rule For Him, One For Prince William’ -
Jake Paul's Fiancée Sends Him Over The Moon Over Stunning Victory -
Harper Beckham Sends Valentine’s Love Amid Brooklyn Family Drama -
Why Prince William, Kate Middleton 'partnership' Is Important For Monarchy -
Katie Price Drama Escalates As Family Stays In Touch With Ex JJ Slater -
Critics Target Palace Narrative After Andrew's Controversy Refuses To Die -
Sarah Ferguson’s Delusions Take A Turn For The Worse: ‘She’s Been Deserted’ -
ICE Agents 'fake Car Trouble' To Arrest Minnesota Man, Family Says -
Camila Mendes Reveals How She Prepared For Her Role In 'Idiotka' -
China Confirms Visa-free Travel For UK, Canada Nationals