unidentified gunmen arrested them a day earlier.
The banned Lashkar-e-Islam (LI) claimed responsibility for the killings. Its spokesman Salahuddin Ayubi phoned reporters from an undisclosed place to claim that their men had killed the five pro-government fighters.
However, independent sources said the members of the TI were smuggling hashish (charas) when unknown gunmen fired at them in the Zaoddin area in Tirah.
One version is that the victims Noor Hakeem, Siyal Jan, Muhammad Said, Samin and Mubeen, were gunned down on Monday after being kept in captivity for 24 hours.
This area has been a battlefield for some time now. Local sources said security forces had already secured the mountain tops in Akakhel, Kamarkhel, Sipah and Kokikhel when operations Khyber-1 and Khyber-2 were launched.
The clashes between the pro-government TI and the outlawed LI have been continuing for the last six years.
About 300 fighters of the LI and TI have been killed and many more injured after the latter formed a pro-government organisation in Bazaar Zakhakhel.
That call widened on Wednesday to include a halt to all shopping for one day
This year, 78 nations and semi-autonomous territories have at least one billionaire on list, same number as last year
Afghans who hold PoR cards from UN refugee agency, UNHCR, are also to be moved outside capital and neighbouring city...
Film was announced last year and makers gave fans glimpse of it by dropping a teaser on April 1
It is one of most striking economic defeats suffered by America in more than 40 years covering international affairs,...
These centres aim to provide specialised education, training and rehabilitation for children with autism