COVID-19: GB people will never be left alone, says COAS
RAWALPINDI: Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa Tuesday said the Pakistan Army was fully cognizant of the COVID-19 challenge facing the people of Gilgit-Baltistan (GB) and pledged that they would never be left in the lurch in these difficult times. Quoting the COAS, Director General ISPR Major General Babar Iftikhar said the Pakistan Army was working closely with the GB government and civil administration to provide all possible support while additional resources were being arranged on a war footing to tackle the threat. "In conjunction with the federal government, we will never leave the people of GB alone in these challenging times. Pakistanis will fight against COVID-19 as one,” the COAS maintained. Meanwhile, in another development, official sources said that the number of confirmed cases in Gilgit-Baltistan had surged to 80 (30 percent of total test samples). So far, 509 suspected cases, including 164 in the last 24 hours, have been reported. Sources said GB needed a quick response given its rough and rugged terrain and remoteness.
-
Savannah Guthrie Sends Desperate Plea To Mom Nancy Kidnapper -
NBA All-Star 2026 Shake-up: Inside The New USA Vs World Tournament Format -
Warner Bros Consider Reopening Deal Talks With Paramount, Says Reports -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Faces Future With UK MPs, Says Expert -
Shamed Andrew Told 'nobody Is Above The Law' Amid Harrowing Silence -
Gisele Bundchen Melts Hearts With Sweet Bike Ride Glimpse Featuring Son -
Prince William Found Meghan Markle ‘quite Refreshing’ At Start -
Kate Middleton Knew Should Could Not Be ‘voice Of Reason’ With Prince Harry -
Rihanna Has Wardrobe Malfunction At A$AP Rocky Fashion Show -
Prince Harry Felt System Had ‘one Rule For Him, One For Prince William’ -
Jake Paul's Fiancée Sends Him Over The Moon Over Stunning Victory -
Harper Beckham Sends Valentine’s Love Amid Brooklyn Family Drama -
Why Prince William, Kate Middleton 'partnership' Is Important For Monarchy -
Katie Price Drama Escalates As Family Stays In Touch With Ex JJ Slater -
Critics Target Palace Narrative After Andrew's Controversy Refuses To Die -
Sarah Ferguson’s Delusions Take A Turn For The Worse: ‘She’s Been Deserted’